Harry

[Skill] Woodcutting guide

Before starting to train:

Head over to the "Shop Keeper" at ::home in the shops area and purchase a bronze axe and a rune axe for free, on the "Skilling Shop" section.

1ab92becb9185b26fc77de09303d17f1.png

If you have 1000 blood money it is advised that you purchase a dragon axe from the "Blood Money Shop" at ::home as it will speed up a lot the process of getting 99 Woodcutting.

9debf82e3bb2309dae2c2d6d21e74b5a.png

Once you have these items you are ready to start training.

All the current trees used on the multiple level brackets are located at Entrana and you will be training there (Teleports ➳ Skilling ➳ Entrana).

Levels 1-15:

You will be using your bronze axe during these levels and you will be chopping Regular Trees.

The experience in between levels 1-15 is 2411 XP and each Regular Tree awards you with 625 XP per log, meaning you will need to cut 4 Regular logs before proceeding to the next level bracket.

Levels 15-35:

In the next level gap you will be still using your bronze axe but you will start to chop Oak Trees.

The experience in between levels 15-35 is 19995 XP and each Oak Tree awards you with 950 per log, meaning you will need to cut 21 Oak logs before proceeding to the next level bracket.

Levels 35-60:

Until level 41 you will still be using your bronze axe but at level 41 and above you will start to use your rune axe. In this level bracket you will be cutting Willow Trees.

The experience in between levels 35-60 is 251336 XP and each Willow Tree awards you with 1700 XP per log, meaning you will need to cut 148 Willow logs before proceeding to the next level bracket.

Levels 60-75:

Once you reach level 60 you will need to use your rune axe during 60-61 and at level 61 you will start to use your dragon axe until level 99. In this level bracket you will be cutting Yew Trees.

The experience in between levels 60-75 is 936679 XP and each Yew Tree awards you with 4375 XP per log, meaning you will need to cut 215 Yew logs before proceeding to the final level bracket.

Levels 75-99:

Once you reach level 75 you will keep on using your dragon axe until level 99 and you will be cutting Magic Trees.

The experience in between levels 75-99 is 11824010 XP and each Magic Tree awards you with 6250 XP per log, meaning you will need to cut 1892 Magic logs until you achieve level 99.

Alternative and faster method to achieve 99 (Inside the Wilderness!)

Once you achieve level 60 you can choose to use the Wilderness Resource Area (Located at level 51-54 Wilderness) and cut Yew Trees and Magic Trees as you will receive more experience per log being a faster method than Entrana, although it has the risk of pkers. 

The easiest way to get there is to go trough the Edgeville Lever and bringing a knife or a weapon with a sharp blade to cut the web and then running a bit East. It costs a total of 350 Blood Money to enter each time on the Resource Area and once inside you can note the logs by clicking "Use" on them and on the "Cleaner" for free.

This method is recommended if you don't mind the fact of it being in the wilderness and that you have the chance of dieing as it speeds up the leveling by quite a bit (the exp is boosted by 10% in this area).

latest?cb=20160716055151

Experience Lamps:

Reminder: You can purchase experience lamps to use in any skill every 12 hours for 25 voting tickets and these will provide you with 1 million experience (the amount will increase with donator ranks) so using one to skip the first levels is a good way to start the skill.

Woodcutting as a money maker:

All the logs cut can be sold to the blood money shop meaning you can make money while getting 99 or simply as a money maker. The log prices are:

3 Blood Money per Regular Log;

4 Blood Money per Oak Log;

5 Blood Money per Willow Log;

7 Blood Money per Yew Log;

9 Blood Money per Magic Log.

I hope this guide helps you out on your Woodcutting training (Yes, i know it isn't really the most helpful guide as woodcutting is pretty simple) and hopefully we can see some more 99 Woodcutting capes on the server :) 

bd10b257cf86a43b11115bef05ec1e8b.png

Remember that there is also a Pet to gain from this, The Beaver Pet (The chance is 1/Every 25 Million Experience (If you have a donator rank the % boost makes it lower)) so goodluck getting it!

330?cb=20160902033836

Extra notes:

I didn't add pictures of the different Trees as this would make the guide very big because of the size of the pictures but if it improves the guide I will edit them in.

This is my first guide so I will still be tweaking it to try and perfect it and any constructive criticism is appreciated in order to improve in this guide and future ones.

Edit Notes:

- Few spelling mistakes.

- Resized some images.

-

★ Harry

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

Nice guide.

You could mention about the Infernal axe, created using a Smouldering stone on a Dragon axe, and the 3rd age axe. Both of these cut logs at a faster rate than Dragon. :)

21 minutes ago, Owain said:

Nice guide.

You could mention about the Infernal axe, created using a Smouldering stone on a Dragon axe, and the 3rd age axe. Both of these cut logs at a faster rate than Dragon. :)

I was told that the Infernal axe isn't coded with the proper effect at the moment so decided to not include it and I am pretty sure there is only 3rd age pickaxes on the game at the moment and no 3rd age axe? Might be wrong but I never seen a 3rd age axe