Sign in to follow this  
Owain

Community Input: Tournament system revamp

Tournament system revamp: We want your thoughts!

Hello all,

I'm sure most of you will have experienced taking part in a tournament on Dawntained at least once. The current design has been around since April 2017, not long after the release of the server.

Just a bit of trivia / nostalgia for anyone that has been with us since the start, some of you may remember that the original location for tournaments was an instanced map of Varrock, however this was changed to the new location of clan wars around the 20th April 2017.

IXyAVJI.png

The proposal

We feel that its time to give tournaments a new lease of life, and what better way to gather ideas together than ask you, the players!

If there is anything about the current system that you feel could be improved, or you would like to see changes to certain aspects such as specific equipment setups or locations, then please let us know.

We have access to creating custom maps too if that is something that would be wanted.

Please feel free to share your thoughts and reply with your ideas!

- Owain

• POGGERS 1

GOAT, I feel like you should make it like seperate arenas, kind of like on Ro*****, It's way cleaner and it feels more like a 1 vs 1 and not a SRI u feel me? It feels rn like a clusterfuck and everyone pking in a big clump it doesn't look very good when there are 50 people fighting in same spot. Also there are a lot of people stalling the tournaments, so maybe add kind of a DMM fog after like 6 minutes after the round has started, or less depending on the style the tournament is being held in.

Edited by Owain
  • Seems good 1

Suggestions;

add mithril seeds or a dead tile under every player to stop dding.

Make it so the people that are spectating the tournament see everyone but when you're fighting you only see your target.

Get more styles of combat and add new max gear alot of the items are outdated.

Add tournaments more often as there are alot of players new and old that don't get online in time and miss every tournament since there are almost none.

I also like the stalling idea from the comment above, atleast its a suggestion it could always be changed with the same perspective.

If the stalling idea doesnt go through make the fighting area smaller so mods can see who is stalling or add a command to see who is currently fighting each other. They usually stall for a really long time by just running off the mini map.

Edited by Believe
  • Like 1
  • Seems good 1

Have them every hour with bigger prizes so more people join.  Like two a day is terrible.  they are so fun, easily best content in game.  Every hour! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, johnnyfpv said:

Have them every hour with bigger prizes so more people join.  Like two a day is terrible.  they are so fun, easily best content in game.  Every hour! 

every hour is overkill as most tourneys usually last around 30 minutes lol, its currently 3 a day

bumping it up to 6 a day could work fine (every 4 hours) as it would hit a ton of time zones easily 

• Like 2

Guest Connor

Update the rewards they’re pretty shitty if you don’t increase the amount, also a damage counter to see who’s up maybe says the total damage done, or even show who’s dealt more damage. Have a choice of more gear from the chest, also add a forced torny which would cost a player blood money to start, maybe 100k-200k, add 07gp prize tornys maybe every weekend, maybe even just Saturday, have maybe one a month with a bigger reward. I like the idea of team tornys, maybe a multi on like splits the players to two teams and fight multi with different gear or can pick your own gear, or even 3 teams in one torny takes 1/3 and puts into 3 teams 

Hi :)

Current tournament seems to be fine in my opinion, my only comment would also be on the frequency. Maybe increase it to 4-5 tournaments a day instead of the current 2-3?

I usually miss out on the tournaments, but don’t want it to take players away from the other areas of the game, or make the tournaments less sought-after when there is a tournament running by over-doing it.

Completion - 

• Like 2

I'm so glad this is being looked at! Easily my favorite content in game!

My suggestions: A BETTER ANNOUNCEMENT SYSTEM. the game chat is always flooded to the brim. unless you are actively looking at game chat or checking ::events for the timer you will miss it.. Perhaps a message above the chat box like system updates when the tourney is near would draw a lot more ppl to it on a consistent basis. 

edit: could be toggle-able for those who don't care for tourneys at all, but default it to ON please

Edited by mach d

On 10/21/2018 at 2:22 AM, I Solo said:

every hour is overkill as most tourneys usually last around 30 minutes lol, its currently 3 a day

bumping it up to 6 a day could work fine (every 4 hours) as it would hit a ton of time zones easily 

This! With my work schedule I legit always miss the tournaments and would love to be able to be in more tournaments. Also custom maps would be really cool. 

• Like 1

Maybe add diff modes, like zerk, pure, barrows 70 def, range tank