Sign in to follow this  
Owain

Donator Zone - Community Designed

Hello everyone,

As some of you will know, there have been plans for a while to re-vamp the current donator zone, and expand upon the content that is there. Those of you who have been with us for over a year will remember the previous area that was used, which literally only had a fire and a bank booth!

The design of the current zone was one of my first projects after becoming a developer, and was completed around July/August last year. All of the objects, the walls for the building, the fence, fire etc were all added from scratch using a very basic 2d map editor, as seen here:

6e15ea2a48.png

The actual map (meaning not including objects) was untouched, this was a drawback with using the editor that I had at the time which only allowed for object editing. The original area used was the Elf camp.

9ff6aca776.png

The proposal:

I have decided that it would be best for the community of Dawntained to come up with ideas for a new donator zone. Those of you who may be more creative and can use software such as photoshop or even paint can make your own 2d designs if you wish. Using a more in-depth map editor, I can then get to work creating it using your ideas.

Please note that designs should be a bird's eye view, in other words, the same view as what you would see on your minimap, looking down onto the area from above.

The map does not have to be an existing area in RuneScape. For example, it could be a custom shaped island with different areas with varied content.

This won't be a competition as such, but there will be a reward in-game for players that contribute useful ideas. :)

Please feel free to reply to this thread with your suggestions, or if you have created an image then that can be posted as well.

All the best,

Owain.

Edited by Owain

so i feel like everything should scale with your rank not just xp drops. so like the thieveing should scale with rank as well for more incentive for getting higher ranks. Which can bring in more cash flow for the server itself. Give more incentive to get higher ranks instead of just a few more hundred xp... not really worth it for the "dz"

I agree with "lsd art", however there could be many drawbacks from doing that, as to thought off it being an unfair option... preferably have it at a set price when thieving , for example uber and immortal is the same bm... or if so overtime a new placement eventually, like ezone for extreme donator + including other ranks. 2 allocated areas... dz n ez

Edited by 114 zeus 114

Guest Wyatt

Along with LSD’s idea, maybe a divided or different locations for certain ranking groups? This allowing players another option for getting a higher rank? This way you could have different things at each zone!

Would love to see some npcs and bosses add to dz so def need a bigger area.

with the dzones you also need to know the fact that it doesn't have to have too much of everything because at the end of it having too much npc's that drop high value items, high reward skilling etc.. would just make wild even more dead as it is now. i think a bigger area for the start is a must, and considering an area i think the island of neitiznot would be maybe even perfect, its pretty big, finally work out on ideas what we would like to see in there. also theres 2 dungeon entrances where 1 of the dungeon could be only entered by donators from red to green and the other one from legendary to above or something like that
Neitiznot map

special monsters with less bm/hr and special drops for normal-extreme donators not just for legendary or a donator boss/monster for raids 2 items and or items not obtainable normally 

Add features which make donator statuses more desirable, features which exclusively benefit donators (obviously) such as skilling amenities (furnace, smithing area, etc) all in a close region so skilling can be done at a faster rate than in any other region for the players.

Possibly edit the prices of blood money store for donators so that they can get them at a reduced rate, the ability to sell blood money items back to the store for more than you'd usually get. Obviously the reduction rates and so on would go in turn with donator level. 

Add exclusive bosses to kill which have rare drops of items from the LMB, higher donator level = more chance of getting the rare drops, obviously still keeping them rare so the economy isn't broken. Add these bosses to the dungeon.

• Farming patch with bank close to it
  • A very simple agility course 3-4 objects that give as much xp as Wild agility course or even 20% more xp.
  • All other missing skills
  • Karambwan money making fishing method for Ultimates and above for example
  • Donator dungeon, maybe use the same map, except there is 3 different instances of it with different npcs with mad money making.
  • Runecrafting npc very close to the bank
  • Slayer master npc close to tp spot
  • Anvil close to mining area + bank
  • Pogchamp 1

I was wondering, can there be a shop in DZ that offers some exclusive items just for donars? I’m not suggesting that it has to be anything  combat-related, but just some cool cosmetic items that aren’t in regular shops?

7 hours ago, Phucc said:

I was wondering, can there be a shop in DZ that offers some exclusive items just for donars? I’m not suggesting that it has to be anything  combat-related, but just some cool cosmetic items that aren’t in regular shops?

Sure, if you could think of some items that aren't currently obtainable either from current donator content (i.e mystery boxes) or the voting shop.