Juicey

Staff team feedback - READ

Hello,

As a whole, the current staff team is an absolute shambles and a joke. Nobody with any power to stop people like spammers, phishers, raggers etc are active enough, when they are online they're either semi-afk or busy doing a job server supports can do. Kevin, you need to take a look at the staff team and promote people who can actually do a good job. I was one of the only GMT supports for 2 weeks and was online by myself for 3-4 hours at some points of the day. I thought I was worthy of mod and would of contributed well to the game. I wasn't even triggered of me not getting mod cause it's what I wanted, it's just the fact I could do nothing when people told me they were being ragged, there's spammers, people scamming etc.

I like the people in the staff team, but I never knew any of them before they became support and it seems like they were just picked out of pure desperation. No disrespect by saying this but the applications for some of the people chosen was "meh" at very best. We need more GMT mods (before anybody comments, no, I'm not saying this because it's my TZ), I'm saying this because it's one of the busiest timezones and no mods are actually GMT anymore. 

So here are my suggestions -

#1 - Give server supports some powers. xmute which would mute players for upto an hour, would prevent spammers until they can get a mod online.

#2 - Give server supports some powers. xjail which would jail players for upto an hour, would prevent raggers until they can get a mod online.

#3 - Give server supports some powers. xteletome & xteleto. Why a donator rank has this and staff doesn't is a bit pathetic in all honesty, if there's a scam or problem server supports can't deal with then they have to beg for a mod to get on, but if no mods can get on then the player most likely logs off.

#4 - Promote active mods. Justin & Huff are active yes, but not in all timezones. As said above, as a player of GMT timezone I very rarely see staff online during peak times. (6 PM). We need to crack down on the staff team.

#5 - I solo's choice of staff members. Idk what your mindset is when looking for staff members (idk if this is your first time having such powerful commands) but what you're doing is wrong. The whole staff team is way too serious and the demotions are for some petty things. I know askeladden got demoted for having a joke, new username got demoted for something silly and tase should of got a warning. You need to look for people who care for the server and not the rank, not just looking for people with madly high hours. Being active on forums and a minimum post count of 50 should be a requirement when applying for staff as they should have some forum knowledge for if they do become mod, they know how to deal with punishment logs and appeals.

Last thing I want to say is, when players are spamming yell and staff members PM's with raggers, spammers, etc, server supports have legit no powers. They can't do anything besides help players, and the fact they get flamed for it isn't fair. It's one of the main reasons I resigned. You guys should be appreciative of their help and instead of flaming, try to help them get mod by complimenting them on forums.

No disrespect by writing this, but something definitely needs to be done regarding the staff team.

• Like 2

Hello and Welcome to Dawntained. 

Im here to say one thing, and one thing only about this topic.

There will never be a staff team nearly as great as the Og staff team 😘

Bring Austin back 2k18 👏

I agree with pretty much everything you are saying. What we saw today @home and other various popular locations around the game is a prime example of why supports should be able to mute/jail, at least temporarily.

For those who don't know, a guy made a couple of spam accounts to advertise a phishing link to steal player's information. Nothing was done for like 5-10 minutes because all the staff on were supports, and I believe there was 1 mod on, who was afk.

In regards to #3 on your list, ::xteletome and ::xteleto for Supports is a little extreme. May I suggest a different approach: since supports are primarily there to answer questions and deal with minor situations, why not add a ::ticket system. What this means is a player can submit a ::ticket for a reason regarding help, whether it's a question he couldn't get answered in the "dawntained" cc. Or, if he is having bug issues, was bug abused, lured, scammed, etc. NOTE: This would NOT be used for simple questions like price checks. There is a cc for that like I said. The staff member would get tele'd to the player (as long as they are not in wildy or duel) and would assist them on what they need. Then tele off afterwards.

The staff team has lost a little morale as of late. Inactivity has hurt it mainly, as well as inexperienced staff members. I think the new staff applications page including a suggestion of both in-game and forum activity, as well as at least 250 hours played is a good start. But there needs to be more of a calculated selection for staff members.

Thanks for voicing your opinion Mexico, and welcome back by the way ;p

Edited by Thisbesniper
Explained more about the ticket system.

Agree with pretty much everything you have said in your post. It's just ridiculous sometimes what goes on with people. Find staff who actually cares about the game and is willing to put their all into something. 

Yes as well that server supports should have some kind of power. When they pretty much feel helpless when they can't HELP. Hence why they got the position is too HELP.

You have people who are dying to have their shot and prove what they're made of as a staff member. 

Well to start I’ll say that I have been trying to find gmt as it’s a huge need, not many apply and the ones who do have 50 hours playtime, Frogger and yeha both resigned (gmt) and believe/techno rarely ever played (gmt) 

also you seem to only listen to what the demoted players tell you, so here you go

askeladden told people to break rules, it wasn’t his first time doing so etc

you say new username got demoted for something small, but he held 42m from a player so that he could avoid the 5% stake limit (which is a pretty major rule considering it’s a ban)

tase also had many warnings before I finally demoted him, and now he’s been given a second chance 

anyways, at the end of the day it’s out of my control when 4 support resign in 1 week, to go along with demotions. 

And about the commands, almost all staff/previous staff have tried to get mgt to give support a few commands 

I've been out all day with my friends and when I got to there house I arrived to the madness and tried dealing with it but there was a flood of pm's once i logged on. I'm on currently and it's semi calmed down now. @Timebrawlerwas also a major help in this cause he got home as soon as he could to help me deal with the madness.

Very well put, There's some things you can help and can't help when it comes to choosing staff. I Think Kevin is doing his best but he can't help whether people choose to resign or not, I agree with most points especially since support are there to "help" as you said. I support this 100% it'd be nice if they'd look into it.

Kind Regards - Locals

58 minutes ago, I Solo said:

Well to start I’ll say that I have been trying to find gmt as it’s a huge need, not many apply and the ones who do have 50 hours playtime, Frogger and yeha both resigned (gmt) and believe/techno rarely ever played (gmt) 

also you seem to only listen to what the demoted players tell you, so here you go

you say new username got demoted for something small, but he held 42m from a player so that he could avoid the 5% stake limit (which is a pretty major rule considering it’s a ban)

tase also had many warnings before I finally demoted him, and now he’s been given a second chance 

anyways, at the end of the day it’s out of my control when 4 support resign in 1 week, to go along with demotions. 

And about the commands, almost all staff/previous staff have tried to get mgt to give support a few commands 

I had 2 weeks of working 7 days a week which you knew about , before that i was active, i was logging on using my phone to take donations/punish people lol so i was available pretty much 24/7 other than when i was sleeping obv, i know my hours look like they had slipped the past few weeks but i did say i had alot of work on. Not saying you were wrong to demote me, just clearing up why i wasn't as active.

Just now, Thechamp said:

i could handle early morning - mid afternoon gmt if needed

If you want to apply congo the application thread.

To a certain extent I agree with the majority of what you have said.

The staff team has had a bunch of changes over the past month more so in the past week or two, resignations demotion promotions etc. I'm not gonna say what I want to because I'm on my phone atm.

However I do genuinely believe that there are some great individuals the staff team at the moment, but I just don't think they work as a team should properly. This is only my opinion, back a few months ago the staff team you could tell bounced off one another helped eachother, don't get me wrong there was a lot of arguments, and disagreements but it was good because they were able to talk to one another and tell eachother what they thought, we had good communications, good banter and just a good team in general.

Regarding the commands, helpers are there purely to be members of the community who are shown to have a good amount of knowledge to assist players with questions or queries also like a trip moderator.

Another thing I want to add, over the time of let's say 6 months. The server had a staff team of no more than 6-8 members, with a playervase of 200+, it's since grown to 400+ and I don't think the team has developed well enough... What I mean by this we should have a sort of pyramid of ranks and hierarchy. For example...

1 admin/CM

2 head mods 

4-6 moderators

8-10 helpers 

Having more staff would deffinetly help with 2 main things, having at least 2 members on of every hour of the day. Support the playervase there is.

Yeah I applied as well. But I had IRL situations to deal with than sit here(Which resulted in my lower play time). I know I could be a great help to the community. It's just a matter of giving the right people the right chance to show what they can do as a staff member :) 

I'm very knowledgeable about Dawntained and would love to help out the best I can. Hope we can all see a positive change out of all of this :)

13 hours ago, I Solo said:

You say it's a huge need yet I was staff for 4 weeks (I think?) and was one of the most active server supports for most timezones and was one of the only staff members to cover early mornings for GMT, yet I wasn't even close to mod.

Why do you think most of the staff resigned? They become staff and get abuse for it and most of the people resigning are server supports. They're sick of getting PM's from players who are messaging them and the staff have no power to help them. When I was server support one of the most annoying things was being unable to help players due to lack of powers we have. 

About the commands that's fine if you've messaged MGT, I just think the people who put in hours and helped countless times should be given mod. Listen to the current staff team begging for mods to come online to deal with 07 donations, raggers, scammers, etc. 

12 hours ago, Royal G2 said:

Yeah I applied as well. But I had IRL situations to deal with than sit here(Which resulted in my lower play time). I know I could be a great help to the community. It's just a matter of giving the right people the right chance to show what they can do as a staff member :) 

I'm very knowledgeable about Dawntained and would love to help out the best I can. Hope we can all see a positive change out of all of this :)

Bro, you gotta stop being like this on nearly every comment you make. We get you applied just stop begging for it. If you're right, you'll get promoted; have patience.