Vippy

Recording Tutorial [Camtasia]

Hey, 

I am going to be showing you how to record your screen using Camtasia as well as get rid of the black bars when uploaded, any questions/problems or queries feel free to ask I am more than happy to help.

Alright, To start off you should (of course) download a TRIAL of Camtasia here: https://www.techsmith.com/download/camtasia/

Once downloaded, and opened it is pretty self explanatory, everything is labeled and not hard to understand, at the top you can click record, this will then pop up as :

mWDOWud.png

Where you can set your dimensions to fit the client, using the corners of the selected area

Put webcam on or off

Select a microphone if you wish to use, it's all self explanatory and things you can fiddle about with to suit your needs.

After you have recorded footage, edited, added music/sounds or whatever else you have done and are ready to render the video, at the top on the navigation bar click produce and share, this will then pop up this screen.

2BwFBlh.png

Where it says enter the product key all you do now is TURN OFF YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION ENTER THIS CODE AND CLICK PRODUCE WITHOUT WATERMARK 

KEY: Y69CD-625CK-ANM4C-HMMAD-A55MF

This will allow you to not have the pay for the video without watermarks, after it's rendered you can turn your internet back on.

Now for the black bars kind of hard to explain.

When you have the clip on the timeline click on it 

then on that bring the corners in to get rid of the black bars.

gRInk9D.png

Hope this makes sense, if not let me know more than happy to help.

• Like 2

Great guide! Really needed this. I find it very hard to do zoom and pan on camtasia 9 the same I did on 8, any suggestions?

2 hours ago, W q p said:

Great guide! Really needed this. I find it very hard to do zoom and pan on camtasia 9 the same I did on 8, any suggestions?

I don't use 9 I genuinely just dislike it looks nicer but not the same to use