Techno

Deleting Client Cache

Hi all, I don't usually make guides but it's come to my attention that quite a few people get issues related to their clients. I've helped a number of players out over TeamViewer to resolve these issues. One thing that works for most of the problems is to delete the Dawntained Client's Cache from your computer and allow it to reinstall again. Maybe your client has corrupt files and they just need renewing. 

Anyway moving on, here's a little guide to help you guys that get any small issues. This will not affect your account or anything related to the server, you are just basically re-installing the client files which will be the most up-to-date. (I'm on Windows so i Can't provide step-by-step help for mac users :( however it's fairly simple, you just need to find out where Dawntained installs in your 'Finder').

Step 1:

Ensure you have closed all Dawntained Clients.

Step 2: 

Locate and open up your 'C:\' Drive.

OeRfkft.png

This is the Drive you need to open:

9ku94BF.png

Step 3:

Once you have opened your 'C:\' drive, find the folder named 'Users' and open it up.

cYiH4it.png

Step 4:

Now you're inside the 'Users' folder, you need to find your user folder. For most people it'll be their PC user name, for example, mine is named 'Kieran'. Go ahead and open that folder.

ofaogbE.png

Step 5:

Once you're inside this folder, you'll see another folder name 'Dawntained', right click and delete this folder. Once deleted, go to your recyling bin and empty the Dawntained folder from there also.

ZKdw6OD.png

Step 6:

Assuming you've followed these steps correctly, open up the Dawntained Client and it should begin re-installing the cache files.

JxIaSDa.png

This may or may not fix the issues you have. Like i said I have helped a few people myself and this is always the first thing i do, which 9 times out of 10 works. Doing this will also ensure you have the latest and most up-to-date client files available.

I hope this helps you and if you have any questions or get stuck, feel free to reply to this thread and I'll do my best to help :)

Edited by Techno

hi i tried what you said i even tried deleting java and client same time and redownload it again but its still not working is there anythin u can do to help me? my game is logging in for like 2-3 second cant walk or do anything it logs out in those second i cant login its like that for around 3 days now

17 minutes ago, emms said:

hi i tried what you said i even tried deleting java and client same time and redownload it again but its still not working is there anythin u can do to help me? my game is logging in for like 2-3 second cant walk or do anything it logs out in those second i cant login its like that for around 3 days now

Can you log into another account? or does it happen to any account you use?

22 hours ago, Techno said:

Can you log into another account? or does it happen to any account you use?

Hi i can't make another account i dont know why im not banned or anything

2 hours ago, emms said:

Hi i can't make another account i dont know why im not banned or anything

What do you mean you can't make another account? do you get an error message or something?

1 minute ago, Techno said:

What do you mean you can't make another account? do you get an error message or something?

ooh this is weird well it worked making a new account but it does the same when im trying to log in my main vippy said i have to ask mgt maybe i got nulled but i dont know what the meaning of nulled means can u help me or explain to me what it is

4 minutes ago, emms said:

ooh this is weird well it worked making a new account but it does the same when im trying to log in my main vippy said i have to ask mgt maybe i got nulled but i dont know what the meaning of nulled means can u help me or explain to me what it is

Thats what i suspected.  A null in lehmans terms is just a corrupt player file. MGT will need to roll back your account or perhaps just fix whatever is bugging it. Your best bet is to message him on Discord next time he's online. Hope this helps you.

Edited by Techno

Just now, Techno said:

Thats what i suspected.  A null in lehmans terms is just a corrupt player file. MGT will need to roll back your account or perhaps just fix whatever is bugging it. Your best bet is to message him on Discord next time he's online. Hope this helps you.

aah alright thanks bro i wil try and wait for him to come back