Sign in to follow this  
Nathie

DO NOT PLAY THIS SERVER!

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I just wanted to share my experience with this server to everyone that is thinking about joining.

I used to play a lot, and donated a few $100. After a few years I reached Uber donator rank. 

As of last year (2018) I quitted because of other activities going on in my life. 

A few weeks back I had the time to check dawntained out again, unfortunately, my account got hacked. 

Now here comes the weird part; I send numerous appeals etc. but none of them got answered. Suddenly, after I first mentioned my account, someone is playing on it. This is a hard indication that members of the staff are hacking these accounts for their own benefits. (Because these appeals can only be seen by staff).

Now many of you may know that a lot of staff members got banned in the past. So corruption lies deep in this server. 

Mass-bans for no reason so people need to pay $ or 07 to recieve their accounts back. Staff members RWT'ing and many more.

After numerous appeals, they still haven't answered. (It has been over a month). The lack of costumer service is unlike anything you've ever seen. 

This server went from 400 active, to 20 active, in a short amount of time. Hacking accounts, banning & then claiming $, and many many many more..

DO NOT JOIN THIS SERVER. There are many other private servers out there that are legit. I highly suggest people to join one of those, as long as it is not this corrupt server.

Edited by Nathie

no shit lmfao they ban every1 and asks for $ or 07 gp back.

still haven't unbanned my ass when i did nothing.

corrupt ass server.

Just now, wheelchairs said:

no shit lmfao they ban every1 and asks for $ or 07 gp back.

still haven't unbanned my ass when i did nothing.

corrupt ass server.

And the funny part is, they won't even admit it. When asking staff about why the server went dead, they will respond with "the lack of advertisement". They're saying that 400 people quitted Dawntained almost overnight, because of the lack of advertisement? What a joke. 

• Seems good 1

Posted (edited)

Hi there,

Just to clear a few things up:

First of all, staff members do not have access to passwords, previous passwords, IPs or any other personal information. MGT is the only person that has access to this, not even the developers do. To think that staff have been using your account for personal gains is completely false.

The only way in which your account could have been compromised is via leaks from old rsps databases and such, which usually happens when you use the same login details across multiple areas online. Another possibility is that you shared the account with another user at some point which meant they could recover it.

Furthermore, MGT is actively checking help threads now. If you created a thread a couple of months ago there's a good chance he didn't check it. However, circumstances have now changed and I can guarantee that this will not be an issue now.

It's disappointing to think that you think that this server is 'corrupt'. From my experience I can tell you that we are one of the most if not the most down to earth pk server that is currently online. We don't hide anything from our players and I'm always open to discuss any issues that you may come across.

EDIT:

NB: Paying for removing punishments was scrapped a few months ago, although MGT thought it was a good idea at the time (almost like paying a fine in real life) we realised that it could not only be abused, but was seen as a "cash grab" (even though it was less than 1% of the income of the server)

Edited by Owain

Posted (edited)

Aight then lemme start...

the claims against staffmembers hacking accounts for their own benefits is just a reach and dumb allegation.

Staff members can't access ur account just based on ur appeal, they can't even view IP adresses on the forums as moderators (which is pretty common for rsps btw).

And if someone is playing on your account, that you allegedly created it is probably your fault because u may have given ur password to someone.

You should be able to recover the account through 1 simple command ingame anyways if you originally created that account.

Also the staff team and Owner arent in charge of what they staff members do? Its not like these guys sit in the same office and being watched over by their boss l0l.

Anyways I agree on the part that the Server Owner and staff have banned a couple of people unrightfully in the past without ever giving a statement on why they did it, but this shouldnt be a problem soon anyways since there is a mass unban planned in which all accounts will be unlocked for their rightful owners.

Btw, most of the server you claim not to be corrupt are indeed corrupt, they wont show it while their stuff is running well, but we had it numerous of times that

people got phished and literally obligated irl because they had the caches downloaded of numerous servers (also pretty big ones). This has been a tactic to gain the last bit of money possible through a project by putting scripts in the cache that are hard to point out if you have no clue.

Edited by Pk eds

Just now, Nathie said:

And the funny part is, they won't even admit it. When asking staff about why the server went dead, they will respond with "the lack of advertisement". They're saying that 400 people quitted Dawntained almost overnight, because of the lack of advertisement? What a joke. 

It's been mentioned several times that there were multiple reasons that lead to the player base dropping, MGT has said himself on recent update threads that he puts a lot of blame on himself for neglecting the server, allowing it to become outdated and our competition to get ahead. If you check the second to last update thread, at the top it states our plans for the coming weeks and months for the server.

We talked about this already, I told you to be patient until MGT handles it.

Also I did confront the guy who logged on "your" account and this was his reply:

WHAT2.PNG.10a1ef90e0f0486054f857f5d92bcd35.PNG

There's nothing I can do at this point since I cant check any of the logs if you're right or he is.

Also does this topic have anything to do with you getting smited for your ags this morning and kept bashing the server on yell for a good hour until u got yellmuted?

• Lul 1

Just now, wheelchairs said:

d

e

a

d

ass shit

s

e

r

v

e

r

Won't ever reach 200+ players again rofl 

I think that's a 1-0 for us. Locked the thread being as you obviously aren't taking it as seriously as we are.

• Like 1
  • Lul 1