Sign in to follow this  
Instakill

Where ( read )

Posted (edited)

image.thumb.png.f2800e6b5a91b439c92c48224767743a.png

According to this photo, I have yet to see the promise. You want a server that was once thriving and now dead, to be thriving again. Put your Effort into it, keep your promises. If you want to say " things take time " think about how long the server has been like this for, and no improvement. enough of the excuses, the server can only change if we all work together. keep the promises, do the updates, and most importantly advertising/bringing players into the server. Every time I log in I see players who need help and staff who don't respond right away or for a while, I understand if they don't respond right away but when there are only 20-60 players, come on. I LOVE this server, but its not only the players job to help with the revive. We need updates. We need the promises to be held. And we also need staff that are willing to do there absolute best. A player spends a few minutes on a server and can already tell whether they like it or not. Lets make sure Dawntained is the server anyone can log onto and like. #players #teamwork

PS - if you cannot keep a promise, by all means don't make one. We players rely on them. We trust you, you should also trust us, but with everything being promises + no results. It's Hard.

Edited by Instakill
Added PS
  • Like 2
  • Feelsbadman 1

Promise weekly updates have been a thing since January we use to have updates 1-2 per month now its 1-2 per 3 months doesnt surpise me we havent seen an update yet.

As far as I know, MGT is away til 8th of august hence why update has been delayed. But I understand your point of view, promises should be kept and something we should work on.

Right now we're not even expecting improvement in playerbase, updates are the main thing being focused on to make the game better. Once the updates are done and Dawntained offers way better gameplay than any other server out there, then it's time for advertising & OSRS GP rewards for tournaments, once this happens then you should expect a huge increase in playerbase.

For example if we'd start advertising right away then new players who join might leave (cause server isn't finished yet) and it'll be a lot harder to get them back once it is finished. I'm sure that's why MGT has put advertising on hold at this moment. I'm sure we all want that once the new players join that the server offers them awesome new content, rewards and none of them leaves.

Good news is that everything will be done and ready soon. Until then we just need to have patience and trust them.

4 minutes ago, Powerofnegs said:

As far as I know, MGT is away til 8th of august hence why update has been delayed. But I understand your point of view, promises should be kept and something we should work on.

Right now we're not even expecting improvement in playerbase, updates are the main thing being focused on to make the game better. Once the updates are done and Dawntained offers way better gameplay than any other server out there, then it's time for advertising & OSRS GP rewards for tournaments, once this happens then you should expect a huge increase in playerbase.

For example if we'd start advertising right away then new players who join might leave (cause server isn't finished yet) and it'll be a lot harder to get them back once it is finished. I'm sure that's why MGT has put advertising on hold at this moment. I'm sure we all want that once the new players join that the server offers them awesome new content, rewards and none of them leaves.

Good news is that everything will be done and ready soon. Until then we just need to have patience and trust them.

This is where you are partially wrong. Yes players might leave if they join right now, however if you think a server is ever " finished " then you are wrong. Patience and trust however, they are losing because of the promises that weren't delivered.

2 hours ago, Powerofnegs said:

Once you are promoted to mod and are invited to the mod discord you will see how frequently he travels, atleast twice a month or so. 

We arent going to get players or old players come back after so many broken promises. Players have certain amount of patience before leaving.  

The OSRSgp tournaments sound fake in my opinion Mgt likes his money dont see him giving 1b osrsgp away like that.

Next part:

Should be ready "soon"

I myself have been hearing that since March and it kept getting worse and worse. Went from 2 updates to 1 every 3 months because hes busy traveling it seems. I say dont put deadlines out if you aren't going to follow them. 

Puts stress on the developers and owner also other parts of staff when a player asks where the update is.

2) Makes players want to quit when its delayed a month+ shows the owner doesnt care. 

And for love of god remove pid.

1 hour ago, Jaehaerys said:

Once you are promoted to mod and are invited to the mod discord you will see how frequently he travels, atleast twice a month or so. 

We arent going to get players or old players come back after so many broken promises. Players have certain amount of patience before leaving.  

The OSRSgp tournaments sound fake in my opinion Mgt likes his money dont see him giving 1b osrsgp away like that.

Next part:

Should be ready "soon"

I myself have been hearing that since March and it kept getting worse and worse. Went from 2 updates to 1 every 3 months because hes busy traveling it seems. I say dont put deadlines out if you aren't going to follow them. 

Puts stress on the developers and owner also other parts of staff when a player asks where the update is.

2) Makes players want to quit when its delayed a month+ shows the owner doesnt care. 

And for love of god remove pid.

Yeah gotta agree with the deadline thing, if can't stick to them don't add them.

But about 1b osrs tounrys, I'm sure noones want's to give that kind of money away but if u take it as a invesment you'll get more money in return so sounds like a reasonable thing to do.

If mgt always travelin n shit why dont he hire another dude or dev whatever to do his job for him since he doesnt have time for this server or just sell it to someone who actually cares and wants to make a comeback

Just now, Immuu said:

If mgt always travelin n shit why dont he hire another dude or dev whatever to do his job for him since he doesnt have time for this server or just sell it to someone who actually cares and wants to make a comeback

We may never know why @MGT Madness does what he does, mostly in part because we never get an explanation, but besides that, we are never informed, and well you know the rest.

46 minutes ago, Immuu said:

Because trust doesn't come easy to him. And he doesn't want to pay others. He is already paying 5 people.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I understand your frustration. There should have been more communication that MGT was going to be away for an extended period of time. At our meeting today we talked about releasing an update as soon as possible with some recently completed content, as well as content that was created a long time ago. Some upcoming additions may include Achievements, Collection Log, Abyssal Sire, Global Wilderness, and a few more. We're not perfect and there are definitely improvements but we're trying. 

Edit; Behind the Scenes

Edited by Jason
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Yeah, I understand your frustration. There should have been more communication that MGT was going to be away for an extended period of time. At our meeting today we talked about releasing an update as soon as possible with some recently completed content, as well as content that was created a long time ago. Some upcoming additions may include Achievements, Collection Log, Abyssal Sire, Global Wilderness, and a few more. We're not perfect and there are definitely improvements but we're trying. 

Edit; Behind the Scenes

I understand you are trying and we all thank you for that, I Did not mean anything other than concern, it was a while before the last update, and I just thought since no one else was asking that I would stand up to the plate and ask for myself or anyone that was wondering. Thanks your for response, it definitely helped with understanding everything.

• Like 1