Jason

Official Game Poll - Degradeable PvP Items

Degradable PvP Items  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want PVP items to be degradable and dropped during the Global Wilderness event?

• Yes
    • No

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I am currently working on the Global Wilderness event and after reviewing this thread it is apparent that PVP items should be more readily accessible from PVP content. What I would like to do is allow players to receive them as a random drop using EP. 

What would change

• These items would be obtained, at random based on EP, during the Global Wilderness event.
  • These items could also be obtainable through revenants.
  • These items would be the same as the items received from MB
  • These items would degrade during combat

This would only include:

• Vesta's
  • Statius
  • Zuriel's
  • Morrigan's

If we were to add these items as random drops using earning potential from Global Wilderness, they would have to be degradable because they would be more common and powerful. 

Do you want them to be degradable and dropped during the Global Wilderness event or do you want them to remain only accessible from Mystery Box and not degrade?

Jason

Edited by Jason
  • Like 1

Both (Mystery Boxes permanent items, Global Wildy degradeable items). Be careful when programming degradation, so that items won't be extended forever.

If the items were made degradable; what would happen if a player died with them on his person while they were semi-degraded? Would the person who killed them get the degraded armour pieces? At the same degrade percentages?

@Jason

Just now, danieltatis said:

Both (Mystery Boxes permanent items, Global Wildy degradeable items). Be careful when programming degradation, so that items won't be extended forever.

support this, i am currently one of the only people with both vesta long and stat hammer, and i didn't pay 15m+ for them to degrade, the global wilderness pvp items should be coded separate from the ones in the mystery boxes

Just now, La Campeon said:

If the items were made degradable; what would happen if a player died with them on his person while they were semi-degraded? Would the person who killed them get the degraded armour pieces? At the same degrade percentages?

@Jason

No, they would receive the item and it would either not be degraded or already degraded if a player has the same item and it is degraded.

Why

Because we don't handle each item as unique. If we compare two whips for example, our system cannot tell the difference between the two items. It's because of this that each degraded item can't have a unique degraded value. The value is dependent on the player account. If you use a vesta longsword and degrade it a little, then receive another, they both have the same degraded amount. 

Just now, Food stamps said:

support this, i am currently one of the only people with both vesta long and stat hammer, and i didn't pay 15m+ for them to degrade, the global wilderness pvp items should be coded separate from the ones in the mystery boxes

No, they wouldn't be separate items. You could still obtain via MB, but they're both degradable. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

No, they would receive the item and it would either not be degraded or already degraded if a player has the same item and it is degraded.

Why

Because we don't handle each item as unique. If we compare two whips for example, our system cannot tell the difference between the two items. It's because of this that each degraded item can't have a unique degraded value. The value is dependent on the player account. If you use a vesta longsword and degrade it a little, then receive another, they both have the same degraded amount. 

No, they wouldn't be separate items. You could still obtain via MB, but they're both degradable. 

literally makes me paying 17m for a vesta longsword useless.

literally makes me paying 17m for a vesta longsword useless.

Yeah that is a fair point. However that is why we're polling this and not just making the change without consent. If you don't agree then feel free to select no in the poll. If you agree this is a good change then press yes.

Just now, hitpointz said:

And you think that's balanced in to a server with 200+ players, i dont think so.

i didnt disagree with adding them, but why make one of the only people who searched day and night for one irrelevant ? if the tables turned and it was you and your vesta longsword you wouldnt want a 17m item to turn to 400k in 1 day would you?.

Just now, Jason said:

Yeah that is a fair point. However that is why we're polling this and not just making the change without consent. If you don't agree then feel free to select no in the poll. If you agree this is a good change then press yes.

im going to vote yes, but still i just want my point being understood, ill chuck em in the doubler and see what happens.

with them being added this way, hopefully the vesta long sword gets un nerfed? 

i didnt disagree with adding them, but why make one of the only people who searched day and night for one irrelevant ? if the tables turned and it was you and your vesta longsword you wouldnt want a 17m item to turn to 400k in 1 day would you?.

im going to vote yes, but still i just want my point being understood, ill chuck em in the doubler and see what happens.

with them being added this way, hopefully the vesta long sword gets un nerfed? 

All of the items will be reviewed before being added to Global Wilderness. This means that new items that don't exist in-game will be added and all specials/attributes will be reviewed. 

I support this 100%, been trying to get this added ingame for ages. PvP armour should be used not just fashionscape, it’s too rare how it is currently. 

• Like 1

BIIIIG FAN OF THIS! 

I truely truely belive this would make pking so much more active and fun. This is a PK server after all. 

Thanks alot for the hard work @Jason and rest of the dev team. *crossing my fingers* that more people realize the potential in this and VOTE YES !!

• Lul 1

@Jasonwhen adding these, you couldnt add a "corrupt" verison and leave the non corrupt in the boxes?

I think we want to stay within the guidelines of OSRS as much as possible. I don't think adding corrupt, which wasn't well received when it was implemented into RS, is a good idea. It would be best to maintain one set of PVP items rather than two.