Sign in to follow this  
Mlh

PID Rework Suggestions

Hi all,

The Dawntained Staff and Development Team are constantly looking for ways to improve the user experience and we want to show our willingness to listen to the pains and frustrations that you, the players, experience on a day to day basis while playing Dawnatained.

As part of this, we have been listening to your frustrations when it comes to the newly implemented PID system. Not everyone is happy with the introduction of the PID system, and that's something that bothers us. 

Reworking PID System

The PID system can be particularly beneficial within the PvP environment, whether in the wilderness or in the Duel Arena. It should be something which benefits both players within the fight, and not creating an unfair and uneven playing field with one player taking advantage purely because of luck or server proximity.

We want to hear what you think of the PID system, the difference between Dawntained's PID and RS07's PID and what could or should be changed to make the PID system smoother than it currently is. If you have a few minutes spare, please go ahead and answer the following three questions so that we can have a proper understanding of the issues and put measures in place to rectify any issues.

• What are your biggest dislikes towards the PID system?: 
  • What do you think are the main differences between DT's PID system and RS07's PID system?: 
  • What do you think should be changed to the PID system in order to improve it? (not including the removal of PID): 

We would greatly appreciate everyone's ideas, suggestions and responses - we want to make the Dawntained PvP experience as smooth as it can be and can only do this with the assistance of our dedicated player base.

Many thanks,

Mlh and the Dawntained Staff Team.

My biggest issue is the delay between animation, hit splats, weapon/gear changes and when it should all happen. How to fix this? Just gonna need to directly compare this to OSRS. Unfortunately, idk coding or the technical issue here.

Sometimes there seems to be inconsistencies, but I can't say this is a fact. Could just be me.

• Seems good 1

Posted (edited)
  • What are your biggest dislikes towards the PID system?: nothing against PID but it just feels off on DT. MGT says it's completely the same as osrs but I tested it on both and it feels so much different on DT.
  • What do you think are the main differences between DT's PID system and RS07's PID system?:  The one who has PID, his hitsplats show way too early imo. Even before the animation which is ridiculous.
  • What do you think should be changed to the PID system in order to improve it? (not including the removal of PID): see above. After a few weeks I got pretty used to it tho and I can properly pk with it now now. But if we get change I will like that more :)
Edited by Hat

After PKing today, I can be more confident in my response. I definitely noticed an inconsistency with one tick eating when it's on the same tick you're also being attacked and hit for damage. Unfortunately, I do not have video to show this happening. As previously mentioned, There has been a delay between animations, hit splats, weapon changes, and it all actually syincing as it should. Whether this is a delay with the client, a delay with the server, a bug or a coding issue, I have no idea. Hopefully this can be of some use. I'd like to see more feedback from the community here.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this so far, we appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing more from the wider community.

On 4/15/2019 at 3:10 AM, Hat said:
  • What are your biggest dislikes towards the PID system?: nothing against PID but it just feels off on DT. MGT says it's completely the same as osrs but I tested it on both and it feels so much different on DT.
  • What do you think are the main differences between DT's PID system and RS07's PID system?:  The one who has PID, his hitsplats show way too early imo. Even before the animation which is ridiculous.
  • What do you think should be changed to the PID system in order to improve it? (not including the removal of PID): see above. After a few weeks I got pretty used to it tho and I can properly pk with it now now. But if we get change I will like that more :)

basically this, I've noticed aswell the hitsplats are not in sync 

• Like 1