Mlh

Tackling Real World Trading

Hi all,

In this post, we hope to demonstrate that we are aware of the seriousness surrounding Real World Trading (RWT)  and openly invite you to provide feedback, as well as helping to assist with issues. 

Real World Trading has a large impact on any game or platform, regardless of the content or nature of the game. RWT is particularly damaging to Dawntained as it takes away large amounts of funding which should otherwise go towards funding the costs of running the server as well as ensuring we can hire our dedicated team of Developers full time, providing a reliable source of income and allowing them to continue with the fantastic work they provide on a consistent basis.

Identifying Real World Trading and Forfeiture

Thanks to the work of our dedicated Moderation and Support team, we have been able to positively and undeniably identify accounts which have been involved in Real World Trading, exchanging foreign currencies to the game (Money, RSGP, etc.) in exchange for Dawntained currency. Through these efforts, over 60m has been removed from the economy in the last 10 days. Until now, this has not been announced, however, with this announcement being made, we expect the economy to benefit from this substantially.

Punishments Surrounding Real World Trading

Due to the seriousness of RWT and the long-lasting impact on the economy of Dawntained, punishments surrounding RWT are applied at the highest level. As a reminder, anyone found to be directly or indirectly involved with RWT will be permanently banned from Dawntained, with their banks being forfeited and items/gold permanently removed from the game. If you're unaware of the rules within Dawntained, please refer here to our Official Server Rules.

Obtaining Wealth Within Dawntained

We appreciate that most people's dreams from playing RuneScape and coming to a RuneScape Private Server involve getting rich and having substantial amounts of wealth - this can be done much like in RuneScape, by grinding and working your way to the top, or donating to the server in order to receive Donator Tokens, which can be swapped and sold between players for in-game currency and items. If you would like to obtain in-game currency while abiding by the rules, feel free to do so by paying a visit to our Store.

Dawntained is continuously expanding and attracting new players, growing daily, and we hope to be able to provide a fun and entertaining game to our dedicated players for a long time to come - this can only be done by ensuring RWT has no place within Dawntained. This announcement is just the start of how we will demonstrate our dedication and also display how we aim to work more closely with our fantastic player base in order to make Dawntained the greatest it can be.

Best wishes,

Mlh and the Dawntained Staff Team.

• Like 4
  • POGGERS 1

You need to put bounties on people RWT with DT and reward players who come forth about the individuals, with sufficient evidence of course.

Great to see that we dont tolerate rwt! Keep it up and hopefully we can get rid of rwt once and for all!

• POGGERS 1

12 hours ago, Jmich96 said:

You need to put bounties on people RWT with DT and reward players who come forth about the individuals, with sufficient evidence of course.

This!!! I had so many players who would come to me when I was staff saying they knew someone who was RWTing, and they wanted a reward for them telling .

11 hours ago, Broy00 said:

This!!! I had so many players who would come to me when I was staff saying they knew someone who was RWTing, and they wanted a reward for them telling .

Exactly. Spend a penny to save a dime. Give a reward proportional to the severity, while keeping it small.

On 14/04/2019 at 12:07 AM, Jmich96 said:

This is how it was back in the day. Catch a rwter get 10% of their total bank worth. Which was capped at 1m 

• Like 1
  • Seems good 2