MGT Madness

Well of Goodwill Ideas needed

Well of Goodwill

javaw_2019-03-31_13-56-06.png

Jonny is currently working on Well of Goodwill, however, the entire team is unsure as to what bonus the Well of Goodwill should give.

The goal is to sink blood money from the economy in order to balance the flow of blood money.

At the moment, the plan is, a player can add any amount to the Well and once it reaches 3 million blood money, it will trigger an event where all players benefit from it.

The current idea is a random drop party at a safe location or all pk drop bonuses become 5x more for x hours.

If the benefit makes you gain wealth, i will make sure that if the amount required is lets say 3m blood money, then a limit of 70% of it will be returned to the economy and once that is reached, the event will force turn off.

Suggest below ideas you have to make this feature better.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm a big fan of this concept and think it's a great idea - not only will it drain some money from the economy (which is very well needed), but it will give new players the opportunity to earn a significant amount of money to get them started, depending on how many people would be online at the time of dispensing the resources from the Well of Goodwill.

I am, however, concerned that players may not willingly donate to the Well of Goodwill, without some kind of incentive or benefiting from it in any way. Perhaps adding a 5% additional drop chance to obtain better artifacts from PKing for 30 minutes; the same would apply for PvM where there is an increased drop rate for loot - in order for this to not be exploited, perhaps an interface offering the player one of the two options could be implemented. Not to leave out though who take part in skilling, perhaps adding a 15-20% increased XP rate for 30 mintes - 1 hour could also be implemented.

Additionally, it would be great to see some recognition for those who have generously donated large or significant amounts to the Well of Goodwill - it would be nice for there to be a leader board showing the top donors to the Well of Goodwill, as well as anyone who has donated, for example, over 5m will receive a title, much like how RuneScape's Well of Goodwill worked.

Here's some potential titles with their respective tiers

• [Name] the Kind - 250+
  • [Name] the Generous - 1m+
  • [Name] the Millionaire - 5m+
  • [Name] the Charitable - 10m+
  • [Name] the Billionaire - 20m+
  • [Name] the Philanthropist - 50m+

I'll be sure to have a think of other incentives and ideas surrounding this content concept, it's certainly an interesting one and should be implemented without a doubt.

@MGT Madness @Jonny 

Edited by Mlh
  • Like 3
  • POGGERS 1

Great idea but now pvmers and skillers are left out. so other ideas:

- bonus exp for skillers for x hours

- higher drop rates for pvmers for x hours

Posted (edited)

The general idea is really great. I'm a big fan of the whole "balancing out the eco" thing. 

Looking forward to see what ideas people have regarding this :) 

Jonny and the rest of the staff team - Awesome job as always!

Support!

Edited by Frederik

Good idea.

Skillermens and pvmermens I'd like bonus xp and higher drop rates 

Any Combination of the Following:

Simple Implication Answers: 
     - Give all players 2x bonus skill XP.
     - Give all players increased monster/boss droprate by additional 5%.
     - Double or Triple artifact droprate for all PVP kills.
     - Increase well donators monster/boss droprate by additional 3%.
     - Give well donators additional 2x bonus skill XP.

Complex Implication Answers:
     - Make all wilderness bosses (bosses only) have a chance to drop PVP items. (Vesta's, Morrigans, Statius, etc.)
           - The droprate would change per boss wilderness level.
           - Bosses would Include:
                  - Venanitis
                  - Vet'ion
                  - Crazy Archaeologist
                  - Chaos Fanatic
                  - Callisto
                  - Chaos Elemental
                  - Scorpia
     - Increase deep wilderness PVP kill artifacts by 3x.
     - Make all target kills have a chance of dropping PVP items. (Vesta's, Morrigans, Statius, etc.)
     - Make all PVP kills have a rare chance of dropping PVP items. (Vesta's, Morrigans, Statius, etc.)

The addition of PVP items to be obtainable without P2W has been highly demanded by players for months. This would be an opportunity to make this happen and PROVE that you are trying to make a difference/improvement of this server, FOR THE PLAYERS. 

1 hour ago, Jmich96 said:

Any Combination of the Following:

Simple Implication Answers: 
     - Give all players 2x bonus skill XP.
     - Give all players increased monster/boss droprate by additional 5%.
     - Double or Triple artifact droprate for all PVP kills.
     - Increase well donators monster/boss droprate by additional 3%.
     - Give well donators additional 2x bonus skill XP.

Complex Implication Answers:
     - Make all wilderness bosses (bosses only) have a chance to drop PVP items. (Vesta's, Morrigans, Statius, etc.)
           - The droprate would change per boss wilderness level.
           - Bosses would Include:
                  - Venanitis
                  - Vet'ion
                  - Crazy Archaeologist
                  - Chaos Fanatic
                  - Callisto
                  - Chaos Elemental
                  - Scorpia
     - Increase deep wilderness PVP kill artifacts by 3x.
     - Make all target kills have a chance of dropping PVP items. (Vesta's, Morrigans, Statius, etc.)
     - Make all PVP kills have a rare chance of dropping PVP items. (Vesta's, Morrigans, Statius, etc.)

The addition of PVP items to be obtainable without P2W has been highly demanded by players for months. This would be an opportunity to make this happen and PROVE that you are trying to make a difference/improvement of this server, FOR THE PLAYERS. 

I like the sound of the above, except for the PVP item drops. If this were to be implemented, I would want to see a drop rate of at least 1/7500.

18 hours ago, Mlh said:

I would want to see a drop rate of at least 1/7500.

If it were obtainable via bosses, I'd like the rate to be similar to Ancestral. But it would change based on boss difficulty and location. Like deep wildy multi is best odds, where as like Crazy Archaeologist is low wildy singles, would have lowest chance.

As for is it were a PVP drop, a flat rate would be nice. Just add it to the artifact drop table when well is active, at a rare rate of course. 7500 may be too high. Perhaps a bit higher than Ancestral.

For target kills when well is active, rate would need to be MUCH lower than 7500. Probably closer to 0.01%. 1/7500 is 0.0001% lol.

Balancing is a huge factor here. Trying to keep the items rare, but not so rare nobody ever gets one.

Just now, Jmich96 said:

Balancing is a huge factor here. Trying to keep the items rare, but not so rare nobody ever gets one.

Also, we gotta remember some PVP gear has been nerfed from OSRS specs. Check my profile to see a topic on that. So seeing more implemented into PVP would not adversely affect the server. 

On 3/31/2019 at 8:18 AM, Hat said:

Great idea but now pvmers and skillers are left out. so other ideas:

- bonus exp for skillers for x hours

- higher drop rates for pvmers for x hours

agreed,

but instead of raised xp for skilling, maybe give them rewards for 100m/200m xp

100m xp earned you would receive 200k bm  

200m xp earned you would receive 400k bm

something along them lines. me personally every item a player receives  from skilling should be sell able to the skilling shops, and some items should be raised on price

pvming maybe a slight increased drop rate for x hours as hat said depending on your donor rank ingame/votes done something along there.

will add more once i write down some and think of more and best way for them to be advised out

first of all make it well of goodwill/well of fortune not well of darkness nobody wants to put money there xD

I was thinking when x amount is added to the well a boss appears in the wildy ( kinda like the skotizo idea) but this boss will have a drop table of its own so like itll be 1/1000 chance that it will drop a pair of claws and so on but instead of it dropping lets say 1 pair of claws to the person that does the most dps the idea could be that you each have to reach a certain amount of damage on the boss to get some loot ( drop table should consist of pking stuff only) and so that if 30 players do a minimum damage of 200 they would qualify for loot and the more dps you do the more chance of getting better loot and as for pvmers ive seen in loads other servers they have the star that crashes and you mine it. As well as double xp for skilling the star mining bit could be collect x amount for maybe some items in a new shop? Some new cosmetics And create a ring that grants 1.5x xp for couple hours and then a cool down period?