Sign in to follow this  
mavv

skilling & slayer & stuff

I'm currently going for max cape with 0 lamps or boosts of any kind, nor any use of ghostmouse etc, purely for my own enjoyment.

I've noticed a few indiscrepancies and either unfinished or outdated content, as well as content that could be added to streamline the process a little. Skilling and Slayer attracts its own little playerbase, so it's not a bad idea to reach out in that direction.

Slayer:

• remove ghosts task, it's terrible and just a waste of 1k blood money. replace it with something useful like chaos druids
  • add 2 or 3 red dragons to northern section of red dragon room in brimhaven dungeon (currently empty)
  • add black demons into the extended room in taverly dungeon (currently empty)
  • give gargoyles some kind of drop, maybe blood money and phoenix necklace (or dds)

Farming:

• add a tree patch, 85 - 99 farm is pretty monotonous. one possible solution is having a patch in north entrana and you pay some guy blood money to grow a tree, and 12 hours later it's ready to check. it also incentivises people to log in a couple times a day to check their tree for the pet chance.

Herblore:

• update the potion supply shop in entrana, it currently sells papaya and ground mud runes (for assumed extreme potions, which aren't in the game) and phoenix feathers (for super anti-fires in rs3). these should be removed to avoid confusion.
  • add pestle mortar and ability to grind lava scales to make extended anti-fire.
  • allow for super energy potions and weapon poison (++) to be sold for blood money.
  • see: agility

Agility:

• add amylase to agility store and ability to make stamina potions from super energies.
  • update the wilderness agility course to give slightly higher xp the higher your agility level is. say 1.25x at 90 and 1.5x at 95.

Runecrafting:

• make double runecrafting give 1.25x xp, add double deaths and double laws like they have in osrs (95 for laws 99 for deaths). this will give a natural progression of xp rates by getting more xp at 86, 91 and 95, and make rc decent bm/h at 95+

Smithing:

• give coal bag if possible, making runite bars is aids. another option would be "preloading" the furnace with coal ala blast mine, but not sure if feasible.

Thieving:

• remove cut diamond from hero npc. not necessary, but just a random annoyance having to clear inventory or fletch bolt tips every now and then.

Fletching:

• not necessary, but would be nice if you held a log whilst fletching unstrungs. currently looks like you're slitting your wrist

Bank:

• more so than placeholders, which I've seen suggested previously, the most important bank feature currently lacking is the ability to close the bank with the escape key. this makes bankstanding skills, and banking in general far less tedious.

anyway let me know what you think!

Edited by mavv
  • Like 3

A very nice list, I'll start working on a few of these ASAP. (:

Thanks a lot for this list! It will for sure improve the server :D As for the bank placeholders, they have been requested but it is an update that can bring a lot of bugs and dupes into the game so it is a long thing to develop and will eventually be added once it is fully ready!

10 minutes ago, mavv said:

• not necessary, but would be nice if you held a log whilst fletching unstrungs. currently looks like you're slitting your wrist

LMFAO

I mean I guess but should get thrown to the back of line . A lot of other things needs to be put into place in a pvp server before we worry about skilling.

Edited by I am Groot

13 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I mean I guess but should get thrown to the back of line . A lot of other things needs to be put into place in a pvp server before we worry about skilling.

Groot does have a valid point, However with a list like this it gives developers the exact things to be fixing without having to think of what to fix, This is an absolute godsend like stated by the staff above. They can slowly move through the list in their free time between working on the main aspects of the server.

To all of us it comes a surprise however alot of skillers chose servers like this as it allows them to easily break up the repeated activity of skilling.

Thank you to the creator of this post for taking the time to create such thing.

1 Post and i already love it, Every point is valid and should all be added into the game, Besides maybe the thieving one, it makes hero very easy to ghost mouse for hours with nothing to fill up the inventory, There is a very easy way to make hero stay in 1 spot and not have to move mouse to pickpocket

9 hours ago, Austin w said:

it makes hero very easy to ghost mouse for hours with nothing to fill up the inventory, There is a very easy way to make hero stay in 1 spot and not have to move mouse to pickpocket

yeah, that was my main objection when writing this up. same with making rc decent bm/h since it would be pretty easy to ghostmouse. a solution to the problem of runecrafting is to possibly make the teleport to the law and death altars a little randomized instead of bring always 1 square north of the teleport out. (the only altars you can rc at and sell the runes for bm)

12 hours ago, I am Groot said:

A lot of other things needs to be put into place in a pvp server before we worry about skilling.

whilst true, since there's also the option of getting a max cape, skilling shouldn't entirely be thrown under the bus. for example: a lot of the suggestions I gave buff xp rates at higher levels, making it feel like less of a grind. this is important if the server is mostly pvp, since it allows more people to enjoy progression without wanting to jump.

13 hours ago, Harry said:

Thanks a lot for this list! It will for sure improve the server :D As for the bank placeholders, they have been requested but it is an update that can bring a lot of bugs and dupes into the game so it is a long thing to develop and will eventually be added once it is fully ready!

no, thank you! feels good having my suggestions looked at seriously.

with the bank placeholders thing: i was mostly saying that it's not really that important compared to being able to close interfaces with the escape key, especially the bank. 

thanks for the replies, everyone! back to the grind...

Edited by mavv

No one pks with the actual max cape they just combine it with fire/infernal/god etc so therefore it's purely cosmetic . Just something to appeal to skillers who want a server with an actual wilderness